Newsletter for Treble Choirs – children to women – August 2019
Did you know that our most popular piece – Loch Lomond
– has finally been set for SSAA? A very fine treble choir will record the Jonathan Quick arrangement this fall.
Six weeks ago we sent out a newsletter which included all types of choirs. However, this link-letter is specifically for treble choirs (with levels of challenge ranging from small children to women with music degrees). Just click on a link to listen and study the score.
I love the music of Martha Duncan Hill
– perfect for young singers! My own 3 children “committed” 5 years to children’s choir (with encouragement from Mom and Dad
.) Here is one of the recordings from their choir: His Eye is On the Sparrow
. Speaking of birds, you might also like to hear Mark Sirett’s setting of “Sparrow
” and consider Sheila Wright’s trilogy “Be Like a Bird
listed from easy to more challenging:
1) Reflections of Canada
– 30 songs in a book – many pieces by Nancy Telfer. Dr. Ardelle Ries
(Kodály aficionado) put so much effort into this project.
2) Well Water
– the prelude to “Uncle Hans”. Relevant and great fun – by Carol Ann Weaver
– by Alice Ping Ye Ho, this well crafted composition was featured at Podium last year.
, Rainy Day People
, Cat’s in the Cradle
Wait! – these songs are not set for SSA – yet! However, if you hear a piece in the Cypress catalogue that you would love to have for your choir, please speak up. Our team is skilled at setting music for all types of choirs.
Here’s the complete list
for treble choirs. Please don’t hesitate to drop us a line if you are looking for a theme or anything in particular.
Dr. Larry Nickel, CEO, editor
Diane Loomer, C.M., founder
1702-1408 Strathmore Mews
Vancouver, B.C., V6Z 3A9